You must be eighteen years of age or older to register as a member of At the Podium, LLC (ATP). By using the website or services of ATP, you represent and warrant that you agree to and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this agreement. Furthermore, you understand and accept that ATP may terminate your membership and/or prohibit you from using or accessing the services or the website for any reason whatsoever and at any time. Membership in the service is void where prohibited.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this website, and any service or material we provide on the website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
Your Use of the Website
To our Speaker membership:
- Your membership access is intended for your use only to connect to speaking opportunities or resource people/companies to assist you in your speaker business.
- Your username and password are for your use only, and are non-transferrable.
- Our directories are being provided for informational purposes only, and not for your personal marketing or solicitations to any person or business listed in our directories.
- If you, the speaker, are engaged for a speaking opportunity, you must give an appropriate speech for the audience based upon what you, the speaker and the venue have agreed upon.
- You, the speaker will indemnify and hold ATP harmless with respect to the engagement including, but not limited to, any non-payment by the venue due to your tardiness, absenteeism, inappropriateness or quality of presentation. Said indemnification shall include, but not be limited to, attorney’s fees and costs incurred by ATP (i) as a result of any act or omission by the speaker, and (ii) to enforce this indemnification provision
- Failure to adhere to any of these terms is cause for your membership to be cancelled without prior notification.
To our Event Planners & Organizers hiring speakers:
We provide this website for the purposes of:
- Sharing speaker information to the general public search to be able to select a speaker for your event
- Enabling our Speaker Members to connect to speaking opportunities, venues and facilities, and resource people/companies who can assist them with their speaking business.
Important note before hiring an At the Podium Speaker:
At the Podium, LLC’s involvement in the speaking engagement does not extend beyond the service of providing opportunities for speakers and people looking for speakers to connect with. We take no responsibility for the actions of either the speaker or the user engaging the speaker. By agreeing to our terms, you understand that:
—At the Podium does NOT vet the talent listed in the Speaker Profile Directory. At the Podium is a connection platform rather than a traditional speakers bureau. Our Speaker Profile Directory is a way for those who want to speak to connect with those looking for speakers. Anyone who wishes to offer their services as a speaker can become an At the Podium member and be listed in our speaker directory.
—Because At the Podium encourages and supports all speakers from business professionals to professionals speakers, our speakers range in skill and experience, from just starting out to seasoned veterans. We believe speakers don’t have to be professional to have natural talents, abilities, and great content to share. Every knock-your-socks-off speaker started somewhere!
—We make no guarantees. At the Podium does not guarantee the quality of the speaker or their material. It’s up to the person booking the speaker to do their due diligence. Before you hire a speaker, you should ask for videos and testimonials, and review the speaker’s material to make certain he/she is a good fit for your event and audience. (Keep in mind that even though some of the speakers listed are just starting out, your event may be the perfect opportunity to help them to do that.)
—Speaker fees: Some speakers will be willing to speak for free, but some will require a fee. Fortunately, there are a variety of ways to compensate a speaker. You can offer to cover travel expenses, or offer an honorarium. Some may reduce their speaking fee in exchange for you purchasing their books, or allowing them to sell their books. The financial arrangements are handled directly between the person booking the speaker and the speaker (unless At the Podium has been hired to represent, negotiate, and transact for the deal).
For further information or inquiries, please contact email@example.com
Intellectual Property Rights
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
The Company name, the term atthepodium.biz, the atthepodium.biz logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES. However, we do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on the Website, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section..
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:.
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. This Website may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Changes to the Website
We may update the content on this Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Website
Online Purchases and Other Terms and Conditions
ATP Speaker Membership Cancellation and Refund Policy At the Podium, LLC (ATP) reserves the right to refuse/cancel a membership in the ATP speaker membership program. If ATP refuses a new or renewing membership, registrants will be offered a refund. Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment. These policies apply to all ATP memberships unless otherwise noted. Please review these policies thoroughly. Monthly membership:
- You can cancel your membership at anytime with written notice via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your initial one-time set up fee is non-refundable.
- You can cancel only future charges. No refunds will be issued for the current subscription period.
- If you are on the monthly payment plan and you cancel within 14 days of your current month, you will continue to have your listing and enjoy your membership benefits for the remainder of your membership month, and then your membership and payments will cease. If you cancel after the 14th day, you will be charged for one more month and then your subscription will cease.
For example, if you join on Jan 1st and you cancel before January 14th, you will no longer be charged on Feb 1st. If you cancel after Jan 14th, you will be charged on Feb 1st and receive all benefits thru the end of February but no longer be charged on March 1st.
- If you are on the quarterly payment plan, you may cancel your membership anytime within the first 60 days with written notice via email to email@example.com.
- Your initial one-time set up fee and quarterly membership fee is non-refundable.
- You can cancel only future charges. No refunds will be issued for the current subscription period.
- You will continue to have your listing and enjoy your member benefits for the remainder of the quarter.
- If you are on the annual payment plan, you may cancel your membership at any time with written notice emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you cancel within the first 60 days, will receive a pro-rated refund of $252 and you will continue to have your listing and enjoy your member benefits for the remainder of the 1st quarter. Your initial one-time set up fee is non-refundable.
- Cancellations will be accepted at anytime after 60 days but no refunds will be granted.
The owner of the Website is based in the state of Connecticut in the United States. We provide this Website for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS. THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
This website is operated by At the Podium, LLC, Trumbull, CT. All notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent to the copyright agent designated in our Copyright Policy in the manner and by the means set forth therein. All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: email@example.com Thank you for visiting the Website.